Pictured: Barneys New York Fall Beauty Lookbook.
A few weekends in Montauk can leave you feeling well-rested but leave your skin lackluster. Enter: Patrick Foley and Jason Ascher, in-house beauty gurus at our Beverly Hills and Madison Avenue stores, respectively. Having tried and tested the whole gamut of Barneys’ cosmetic and skincare offerings, these gents are more than well-versed on the topic of restoring and reviving your skin after it’s been subjected to a long and occasionally sinful summer. Below, they bestow some beauty wisdom and share the lotions, masks, and moisturizers they swear by this time of year.
Resident Make-up Artist, Beverly Hills
1. For instant relief, a 111SKIN bio cellulose facial treatment mask is perfect. When you take it off, it’s like you’ve walked through a time tunnel. It reverses any damage on the skin, leaving it bright, healthy, and luminous.
2. After a long summer, the body has really taken a beating—whether it be from too much sun or too many spray tans or even using heavy sunblock, which can protect you from the sun but dry out the skin. The body buff exfoliator from Moroccanoil is amazing. It gets rid of all the dead skin from the sun, and makes your skin brighter and younger. You see amazing results the first time you use it.
3. For repair, 3LAB’s WW eye cream works like a drink of water for the face. You can use it at night to repair any damage that the environment—or you—have caused. You will wake up feeling hydrated and supple.
Call 310.777.5844 to book an appointment with Patrick.
Resident Make-up Artist, New York
1. For dry, damaged skin, I recommend a calming/hydrating treatment at home. A favorite is Sicily’s black rose cream mask with a few drops of Black Rose precious face oil added to make skin glow. A non-cosmetic remedy is Manuka honey, which can be found at natural food stores.
2. Fall’s lower humidity and cooler temperature can make oil-free or lighter moisturizers evaporate more quickly, and lathering cleansers over-strip the skin. Therefore, I suggest rich balm-cleansers like Eve Lom’s and a hydrating serum like Tatcha’s deep brightening serum, which actually attracts moisture from the air.
3. For correcting and evening out skin tone—without the coverage of foundation—I recommend 3LAB Aqua BB with SPF 40, a compact in three shades that provides weightless, oil-free complexion correction, with a finish that looks like natural skin.
Call 212.833.2782 to book an appointment with Jason.