We’ve all heard the arguments for natural deodorant: the fact that it doesn’t have aluminum (an active ingredient linked to breast cancer and the culprit in blocking your sweat glands), doesn’t clog pores, and allows you to sweat normally (as you should!), to name a few. Frankly, we stan the movement, especially MALIN+GOETZ’s Eucalyptus Deodorant, one of their top-selling products that they’ve been making for 10 years now. The key ingredient is in its name: eucalyptus, an evergreen tree native to Australia.
“Eucalyptus is a really powerful antimicrobial ingredient. It literally eats away at the odor-causing bacteria, and yet it’s very gentle on the skin,” says Andrew Goetz, cofounder of the brand. “While we actually really enjoy the scent of eucalyptus because it reminds us of a spa, the reason we chose it is because it truly works.” After all these years, the brand still regularly hears from converted customers who are both shocked and delighted that the natural product actually works.
Not yet convinced? Here are our Top 10 Reasons We ♥ MALIN+GOETZ’s Eucalyptus Deodorant:
1) The woodsy, piney fragrance is 100% natural.
2) The ingredients eucalyptus and citronellyl are odor-neutralizing.
3) It’s appropriate to use after shaving (we have all felt the burn before).
4) It doesn’t clog sweat glands, so it allows the body to function normally and release toxins.
5) In switching to natural deodorant, your body will stabilize and you’ll perspire less.
6) It’s good for sensitive skin and all skin types.
7) The clear stick formula won’t stain your clothing (we’ve all been there, too).
8) Eucalyptus can be used as insect repellent (this is speculation, but we love the idea that wearing this deodorant just might keep mosquitoes at bay).
9) It’s vegan and unisex—no discriminating here!
10) There’s a travel-size version.