It’s wedding season, and with that comes wedding gifting season. Knowing what special token of love to choose—whether the lucky duo has created a Barneys registry or not—can sometimes seem like an overwhelming task. So, we checked in with our resident homemaking guru and VP/DMM of Chelsea Passage, Tracy Edwards, to get her invaluable tips and seasonal picks for choosing presents like a pro.
TRACY’S WEDDING GIFTING WORDS OF WISDOM
1. Show them you know them. Choose a gift that reflects the specific interests and lifestyle of the newlyweds.
2. Indulge the lucky couple. A little over-the-top extravagance is sure to be appreciated.
3. Make it memorable. Gifting a cake plate from their registry? Include your famous (and until now secret) flourless chocolate cake recipe.
4. Get artsy. Present the new couple with a handmade or limited edition object or collectible.
5. Dare to go off-registry. Your thoughtful selection will be a delightful surprise.