Temps are steadily rising which can only mean one thing: time for a wardrobe revamp. Below, Senior Fashion Director Tomoko Ogura tells us what she has her eye on for summer…
* * *
1. Erdem Iris dress: Everyone should have a go-to printed dress in their wardrobe. It’s easy to throw on for work or evening while still making a strong statement.
2. XO Acne x Lord Snowdon button front shirt: Take downtown fashion influencer Acne, mix it with iconic British photographer Lord Snowdon, and out comes a capsule collection of unisex, limited-edition blue shirts. The pieces, inspired by those worn by the subjects in Snowdon’s portraits (think Manolo Blahnik, David Bowie and Tony Blair), have a timeless feel to them and look best with Acne’s signature denim.
3. XO X-Ray Resurrextion: The aesthetics of a perfume bottle have become almost as important as the scent that lies within it. X-Ray not only contains the finest globally sourced ingredients, but each bottle is dipped in precious metals for a true work of art.
4. XO Zagliani python zip around wallet: It’s always an added bonus to have a wallet with enough character to double as a clutch. Zagliani’s jewel-toned python wallet feels incredibly modern yet timeless.
5. XO Barneys New York CO-OP pleated maxi skirt: I love the subtlety of the asymmetrical hemline on this skirt. It’s a great transitional piece from spring to summer.
6. XO Sperry Top-Sider: The traditional boat shoe will always remain a summer staple, but this season we put a twist on the classic style by adding a pop of color.
7. Sunday Riley tinted primer: Minimal makeup works best during the summer heat, and Sunday Riley’s tinted primer is both light and moisturizing at the same time. Enriched with peptides and sodium hyaluronate, it helps the skin retain its moisture level and healthy texture.
8. XO Diane von Furstenberg Rosetta dress: In a season full of neon brights, it’s refreshing to see a paler hue. Diane von Furstenberg’s sorbet-colored silk dress looks best paired with neutral accessories.
9. XO Barneys New York Sarah sunglasses: Sunglasses can transform a look, and this season it’s all about a dramatic off-beat silhouette. The cat eye always makes for a glamorous, retro effect.
10. Proenza Schouler PS1 iPad case: Carry your iPad in style with this eye-catching citron Proenza Schouler case. The additional outside pocket is the perfect size to hold your other daily essentials.
11. XO Manolo Blahnik Caromule: There’s something incredibly feminine and sexy about a heeled mule. After we saw Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen pair the shoes with looks from their fall collection, we had Manolo Blahnik re-create his 90s mule in exclusive styles.