New York? Check. London? Done. Milan—here we come.
Today marks the first day of Milan Fashion Week, and with it another installment in our series of “10 Things That Get Me Through Fashion Week.” Today we hear from Sarah Blair—Barneys New York Vice President and DMM of Women’s Accessories. (In other words, if we’re ever not sure whether our bag goes with our shoes, she’s the one we turn to.) Below, Sarah’s survival goodie bag for the Milan shows…
1. A jump rope—I always request a room with high ceilings for my in-room cardio.
2. I need a daily immunity-boosting dose of freshly squeezed Milanese blood orange juice while catching up on the presidential debates.
3. The soft citrus notes in Le Labo Ambrette 9 perfume are the perfect prologue to starting the day.
4. I love Valextra’s iPhone cover in bright yellow for easy identity. I’m never without my essential music archives. On heavy rotation right now: Dylan’s Blood on the Tracks and Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique.
5. Going mobile for a few weeks calls for comfy, versatile boots, like Manolo Blahnik’s Campo motorcycle boot.
6. Oliver Goldsmith Tak shades are nice and substantial for when you want to run for cover.
7. Delvaux’s Givry MM in platinum white has the perfect cross-body function for hands-free globetrotting.
8. Pamela Love’s silver cross cuff is my daily arm armor.
9. Looking forward to experiencing my favorite opera, La Bohème, from steerage seats.
10. My favorite haunt in Milan is Solferino restaurant, established in 1909. Divine food and wine. I always get a glass of Ca’Macanda Promis.