Hot off the press—check out where Barneys New York made its a mark in the media this month…
1. The New York Times‘ Cathy Horyn pays homage to leather goods company Mark Cross. Explaining the allure—and lore—of the company, she says, “Essentially, it sold good taste.” What’s more, “the name still means something to people.” Shop the line exclusively at Barneys New York.
2. In honor of designer Alber Elbaz‘s 10th anniversary at Lanvin, Uma Thurman and Barneys New York hosted a luncheon and presentation of the Lanvin Autumn/Winter 2012 collection. WWD, Style.com, Harper’s Bazaar and Fashionista were among the publications to give the occasion a shout-out.
3. From Lucky to Fashionologie to Fashion Etc., Maiyet, a collection of handbags, shoes and ready-to-wear crafted by artisans in countries like Kenya, India and Colombia, has been getting a whole lot of love as of late. After all, from the luxury designs to its ethical aims, what’s not to love?
4. Just in case you missed the fabulous fete hosted by Barneys New York and Garance Doré for jewelry designer Aurélie Bidermann and her new collection, Bidermann For Barneys, you can read all about it in Vogue, WWD, Fashionista and Harper’s Bazaar.
6. And just when you thought you knew it all: Maiyet announces its launch of menswear. Don’t believe it? Check it out in Elle.
7. Earlier this month, Barneys New York relocated its sportswear selection to stand alongside suits and furnishings, calling it The Luxury Wardrobe. “The concept is to make it simple so our customers can shop in one room,” said Tom Kalenderian, general merchandise manager and executive vice president of menswear, in WWD.
8. Did you know that Nigel Cabourn‘s capsule line of military-exploration outerwear—arriving exclusively at Barneys this summer—was inspired by British explorer Captain Robert Falcon Scott? Thanks to Esquire, now you do.
9. Trendabl, a new iPhone app and social media platform designed “to exchange trends and express personal style” made its debut this March. How does it work? Snap a photo on your iPhone, tag it with product and retail info, then share it with the Trendabl community. Get more dirt on this exciting new launch in WWD and Style.com because Barneys New York is fully on board.
10. The Luxury Daily applauds Barneys New York for blurring the lines between video and e-commerce, referring to this incredibly cool shoppable video. “It shows that Barneys is keeping up with the times,” said Josh Harcus, director of business development and digital strategist at SayItSocial.