This just in—Barneys New York and a few of our favorite designers have been making major news lately. Check it out…
* * *
2. We can’t get enough of menswear designer Michael Bastian, and apparently neither can HommeModel or Out. For Spring/Summer 2012, the New York-based designer joined forces with Barneys to create an XO: Exclusively Ours collection and a lookbook to boot.
3. Did you hear? Two of our favorite designers—Thakoon and NARS—teamed up to create a nail polish collection that’s just to die for. In Style and Marie Claire are already abuzz with the news. The verdict? They nailed it.
4. Neon is decidedly in. If you’ve never been sure how to pull off the fluorescent hues, look no further. Barneys Senior Fashion Director Tomoko Ogura spilled a few tricks on how to rock the electric shades in The Wall Street Journal.
5. Spotted at Fred’s, “the coolly elegant ninth floor dining room” at Barneys New York: Sofia Coppola, Barbara Walters, Christine C. Quinn, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Larry David. So you know, it’s the place to be. If you don’t believe us, take it from The New York Times.
7. Exemplaire, a new men’s knitwear line from France, is slated to launch exclusively at Barneys New York this July. Get the early scoop in WWD.